Join NECRWA/Renew Your Membership
Thank you for your interest in membership in the New England Chapter of the Romance Writers of America. We are eager to meet you, and to have you join and engage with our community of dedicated professional romance writers.
On the fence about joining? Try us out! Guests are welcome to attend up to 3 meetings per year without joining the chapter (there is a fee of $5 per meeting, payable at the door). But only members may attend additional meetings and enjoy the other benefits of membership.
NECRWA's membership year runs from January 1st through December 31st. Membership is $35 per year, and membership fees are not prorated for members who join later in the year.
As most of you know, RWA informed us late last year that they would be taking over collecting regional chapter membership dues through their new website. Due to the continued issues with RWA's website, we've been given permission to collect the membership dues for 2019 as we've done in the past. Because of the delay in this process, the renewal period will go until 2/15/19. After that, there will be a $10 late fee for any renewing members. Sorry we have been unable to give you a clear answer on this before now. We were all hoping that RWA's new system would be up and running well before now. Please reach out to Stephanie Kay, NECRWA Treasurer or Alexa Rowan, NECRWA President with any questions or concerns. Thanks for your understanding.
Please join or renew your membership using our membership form. Payment links are available on the membership form page.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS INCLUDE:
- Access to our network of experienced and knowledgeable New England romance writers, including RITA-nominated authors, USA Today bestsellers, and the most innovative independent publishers in the business
- Monthly meetings on the craft and business of writing, all free of charge to members
- Critique groups and partners for writers of all levels
- Discounted registration for the annual NECRWA "Let Your Imagination Take Flight" romance writers’ conference
- First chance to sign up for editor and agent appointments at our Let Your Imagination Take Flight conference
- Discounted entry fees for the New England Readers’ Choice Contest
- The opportunity to participate in NECRWA-sponsored community signings and readings
- Access to our private chapter email loop, Facebook page, and membership directory
- Business information vital to all authors, whether you work with a traditional publisher, a small press, publish independently, or all of the above
HOW TO JOIN NECRWA:
NECRWA members must also belong to the national organization, Romance Writers of America. RWA administers a member-supported Perseverance Fund to pay dues for members in need. If you are not already a member of RWA, join RWA now.
Membership dues for NECRWA are $35 for the calendar year, January 1 - December 31. Dues are not prorated if you become a member after January 1.
|Annual dues for RWA National:||$99 per year|
|Annual dues for NECRWA:||$35 per year|
|Total Investment:||$134 per year|
Dues are not prorated if you become a member after January 1. There is a $20 surcharge for returned checks and a $10 late fee for renewals received after February 15, 2019 (normally January 31st).
NECRWA does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.